The Registry may assign your application “Homeless Status” if you are:
- Living “on the street” with no shelter. This includes people who are living in cars, tents, or makeshift shelters.
- Living in an emergency shelter for the homeless.
If this situation applies to you, please provide documents that prove you are homeless. The documents can be letters from:
- A doctor
- A lawyer
- A police officer
- A priest, minister or other member of the clergy
- A guidance counselor
- A community health worker
- A social service worker
- A victim services worker
- A settlement services worker
- A shelter worker
The Registry may ask you to attend an interview with one of their staff.