Local Priority Access Status – Homeless
The Registry may assign your application Local Priority Access Status as a Homeless household if you are:
- Living in a City of Ottawa emergency shelter for the homeless.
- Living “on the street” with no shelter. This includes people who are living in cars, tents, or makeshift shelters. Staying temporarily with friends or family does not qualify for homeless status.
If this situation applies to you, please provide documents that prove you are homeless. The documents can be letters from:
- A doctor
- A lawyer
- A law enforcement officer
- A member of the clergy
- A guidance counselor
- An individual in a managerial or administrative position with a social housing provider
- A community health worker
- A social worker
- A social service worker
- A victim services worker
- A settlement services worker
- A shelter worker
The Registry may ask you to attend an interview with one of their staff.