Special Priority

The Registry may assign your application “Special Priority” status if:

  • You, or someone in your household, are being abused by a family member that you have lived with in the past three months, even if you don’t live with that person anymore.
  • You are planning to permanently separate yourself from the abuser.

If this situation applies to you, please provide documents that help prove your personal safety is at risk. The documents can be letters from:

  • A doctor
  • A lawyer
  • A police officer
  • A priest, minister or other member of the clergy
  • Teacher
  • A guidance counselor
  • The manager of the social housing organization if you live in social housing right now
  • A community health worker
  • A social service worker
  • A victim services worker
  • A settlement services worker
  • A shelter worker

The Registry will ask you to attend an interview with one of their staff.